9.15.2012

Cocoa & Lavender Down Under!

As I mentioned at the end of my last post, I am heading virtually (as opposed to virtually heading) Down Under to visit with my blogger friend Anna – the creator, author, cook, and amazing photographer of The Littlest Anchovy. It is a great honor to be asked to guest post for her while she is actually here in the Southeastern United States for a wedding, and I hope you will join me on her blog today for an American tradition from the south – Red Velvet Cake. And, while you are Down Under, check out some of her amazing recipes – like Pav Melba (A Peach Melba Pavlova), Salmon Rillettes, and Pear, Celeriac and Blue Cheese Soup. I know you will enjoy her talents as much as I do. See you back at Cocoa and Lavender next week!

7 comments:

  1. You sure get around with your good tasting recipes. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my best Patrician! Thanks for sharing the link with your friends! Maybe you need a red velvet cake for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that David Sedaris posted your Red Velvet cake recipe on facebok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susana - no I didn't! can you send me the link?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to our hemisphere! Love the recipe and a big hello from New Zealand, where I am now for a week away from Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red velvet will never go out of style! I made a similar cake but added red wine, it turned out really good. I´m starting to think it´s all in the cream cheese frosting... cakes with it are just incredibly popular! Nice guest post, though it would´ve been better to be in australia, right? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. John - wow - both you and Anna gone form Sydney at the same time. The food quality just went down significantly! :)

    Paula - I need to try your red velvet cake with red wine! Sounds rich and yummy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note - I really appreciate hearing from you and welcome any ideas you may have for future posts, too. Happy Cooking!

If you would like to receive follow-up comments, simply click the "Subscribe by E-mail" link to the right of the "Publish" and "Preview" buttons.